Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Back To School 2012

School has started.  It was such a hot summer that it doesn't seem possible that we are starting back to school and the routine of Fall.  It certainly doesn't seem possible that Mr C is now a sophomore, Miss M a seventh grader and Miss A a second grader.  Maybe those "older moms" who always said that time flies weren't kidding!


I'm not going to be all sappy and post the "then and now" photos.  I think I did that last year so here's a sampling of Back To School 2012.  Just for prosperity the photos of Mr C were actually taken a few days before school when we went out to school to drop off some of his books and stuff for his locker. I had wanted to take the photos on the night of the Family Picnic and Service, but I was told in no uncertain terms that would not be allowed.


Miss M and Miss A both had Back to school night on of course the same night so I again missed out as I was manning a table at the Junior High for the PTO.  Thankfully, my darling husband knows the poses I like and he humored me and the girls by taking the photos.  Miss A did allow me to walk her into school on the first day, but I was quickly told to get on with my day.  Guess you can't be hanging out in the 2nd grade classroom too long, it's embarassing.


We are all excited for the challenges of a new school year and can't wait to see what God has stored for us. I'm praying that my children will be salt and light at school, that we'll have chances to shine His light in other's lives, and that none of us will be overcome with the world and its temptations.  It's a tough world out there and I pray every day that my kids will have a hedge of protection around them because I know for now He has perfectly placed them in the schools and classrooms they are in, to learn and grow to be the man and women that God has planned for them.


No comments: