Friday, February 25, 2011

Mismatch and Hodgpodge it's how we roll


Mishmash. It's been a crazy week thus far, two days off school, three projects I'm working on for school or church, and a dinning room that has been taken over by Girl Scout photo boards and now Girl Scout cookie boxes, a bunch of hodgepodge.
.
As a result, I'm going to summarize this past week in bullet points. A little bit of this and that so as to free up some space in my brain and to remember these days in the years ahead.
.
1. Amazing Race started on Sunday and we are pumped for a great season. We will be picking our teams after this week's edition and I already have my restaurants in mind. I'm thinking this could be my season! It's redemption time for me as none of my old teams were even invited back to race in this season of unfinished business. I'm not even jealous that Mr. C has six former teams in the race, not me.
.
2. Roller skating: When our plans for a road trip last week fell through, Miss A was heartbroken so off we went to roller rink to recover a little fun. The girls were having a blast and Miss A finally thinks she can go to the monthly class skating party. Mr. C is not so convinced that racing around a rink with skates on your feet is such a great idea. He told me that once he's old enough to start dating (age 21), he won't bringing dates to the skating rink; it's too expensive and probably dangerous.
.
3. Decorating Family Room: The painting continues and now it's time to think about the style. I think I've finally found some fabric for the IKEA fabric squares I'm making. I love the colors, but not sure what all goes together without looking too matchy matchy. Any suggestions?
.
4. Daisy Troop Goes High Adventure: Miss A' troop had a field trip to a local inflatable playzone and even though Miss A is still recovering from pneumonia, she scaled the "heights" and made it to the top. This girl has no fear. I loved how the girls cheered and clapped for each other regardless of their success; what a great life lesson.
.
5.Girls Plan Fundraising Adventure: Miss A and Miss M have come up with a way to pay for Mr. C's high school years. They want us to buy a vending machine. Miss A thinks we could set it up in our front yard. Talk about classy. Miss M and Mr C think that the Lake might be a better option. We could put it on the dock and catch boaters as they go by. Imagine all those hungry and thirsty waverunners. We might need to invest in both the beverage and snack unit. Genius.
.
6. The CSN giveaway winner is commenter number 4, Heather. I'll email Heather and let her know how to redeem her prize. Random number generator picked the winner. I'd love to show you the proof, but I don't know how to cut and paste on blogger. I know, what a good blogger I am.
.
See our life really is a bunch of mishmash, but I guess i can't imagine it any other way!

No comments: