Sunday, February 20, 2011

On the Road to Recovery

Today is day five of Miss A's bout of pneumonia and it appears that we've finally reached the end of the line. Today, she woke up with a normal temp. After days of 102 plus, it's nice to see a low number.

We have high hopes that, if we keep her nice and calm today, she'll regain some energy and start to feel more like herself by tomorrow. Just in time for two days off school and some cold temps and snow. We missed all the nice weather of the past few days, but we did get some great snuggling, reading books and watching movies in.

I'm thankful that Miss A had the strength to fight the pneumonia off and that there were some strong drugs to help her battle. I don't take that blessing lightly. I'm grateful to God.

On this Sabbath day, I'm reminded of a verse from my BSF lesson a few weeks ago. Whatever you are facing today, I hope you will have the wings of eagles.

Isaiah 40:29-31 (NIV)
He gives strength to the weary, and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

Don't forget my give away. It ends tomorrow!

No comments: