Thursday, February 10, 2011

Reality Not Always Pretty

I'd love to say that I'm sitting in my totally cleaned family room, surrounded by fresh baked chocolate chip cookies, and the smell of a simmering pot of soup on the stove.

In reality, I'm sitting in the my familyAlign Left room surrounded by a stack of photos from 2008 that I'm trying to organize for scrapbooking. My dining room table is filled with valentine cards in the middle of the personalization stage, and a blank box that needs to be turned into a ipod valentine box by tomorrow. In addition, there are multiple bags filled with "stuff" for the kindergarten valentine's party on Monday and I still need to make samples of the craft for all four classrooms. (Say a prayer that I can make these clay pots and suckers into a flower arrangement)
.
Paint cans, rollers, and drop cloths are in the other corner of the dining room as the painting continues in the kitchen. I'm giving myself until Valentine's day to get this mess picked up, as we'll be having our favorite Chinese Dinner in that room come Monday!
.
There are no fresh cookies in the cookie jar (we miss you Nana) and there is nothing cooking on the stove because P is out tonight at an office event, M is at a overnight slumber party/swimming party and that means it's just C and A and I for dinner. I'm hoping they will like cold cereal or frozen waffles tonight.

Reality is not always pretty. I don't have it all together all the time. In fact, not even most of the time. I'm fine with that.

No comments: