Monday, May 27, 2013

Where did this School Year Go? Hello Summer!


It's hard to believe that another school year has come and gone.  In fact, I still feel like it's only March or early April (the weather doesn't help my delusion) and my projects that I had planned out in September are still undone.  However, I know that weather or not I'm done with the list, the kids will be home for the summer and I want to cherish these moments with them more than anything.  I wish I had a picture of everyone on their last day this year, but sadly it was raining in the morning and the roofers were are our house bright an early to put on a new roof.  Let's just say our front porch was "unsafe" for a photo opportunity!

Mr C is now half way done with his High School career.  He will be a Junior next fall.  Be still my beating heart as I can't even imagine how quickly these last two years are going to go.  I'm so proud of the young man he is becoming that I can't wish him to stop growing up, but oh it's hard.  C really bloomed in 10th grade; trying out a new sport (tennis) and lettering in golf.  His grades are stellar and he's really giving his all in everything he does.  This summer we plan to look at at least one college prospect and are beginning the process of figuring out what's best for C's future.

Miss M is about to start her 8th Grade year and we are beginning the process of looking at her high school options.  She loved school this year and had some excellent teachers that not only taught her well, but loved her too.  Her favorite reading teacher is leaving the school, but has promised M that she will be in touch and expects to hear great things about her in the future.  This summer Miss M is trying out a few new activities; golf, volunteering with special needs kids at a camp and looking into acting in the fall.  It will be fun to watch M spread her wings a little bit and venture out of her comfort zone.

Miss A loved second grade, but is very excited about third grade as she hears the math is challenging and they get to play on the big kid playground at recess. Of course, she told me this week that she still thinks of herself as a 2nd grader and can't imagine how she could be so big as to be in 3rd grade and only two years from moving up to the Middle School.  If  you think she's amazed, you should see her mother!  Miss A continues to have fun with her friends, cause her parents and friends to giggle, and add so much joy to daily life.

All in all it was a fantastic school year full of knowledge, growth and opportunities to expand our horizons. My goal this summer is to just enjoy being with my kids spending time creating new memories, trying ouot a few new things and places, and finding time to relax and unwind from the hustle of the school year.  It's a blessing to have this opportunity to be with my kids and I intend to soak in all these moments!

No comments: