Friday, May 17, 2013

Last Day of Bible Study: A Pinterest Project

I really can't believe how quickly this school year has flown by.  It seems like just yesterday we were starting out with new backpacks and supplies.  I'm still wrapping my head around the fact that Miss M will start her last year of Junior High in the fall, Mr C will be a HS Junior, and Miss A will be in 3rd grade.  What happened!

One of my favorite parts of the school year routine is my Mom's Bible Study group every other Friday morning. I really love these ladies.  My dream of having a group of women from our elementary school join me in a Bible study started when Mr C was in 1st Grade and it's still alive. What a refreshing way to connect with other Christian Moms and build a community within our school community.  It's been a wild ride with these women.  There have been challenges that some of these women have faced with such strong faith that I can be nothing but amazed at their courage.  Life can be hard but knowing that we are covered with prayer, grace and friendship has made some of these journeys a little easier, I hope.

I loved that as some women have had to move on or out God has given us new women to fill their shoes.  He really is amazing in that way!

Long ago we decided that our group would take the summer off from official study and just try a few Mom/Kid fun events.  So as a way to get our "game faces on" for a summer with our kids, we had our last meeting at Mimi's Cafe.  I really wanted to give the ladies a gift, but couldn't come up with something that was both meaningful and easy until I went to Pinterest.  Now I must admit I try to avoid looking at people's pins because it can cause me angst seeing all the fabulousness that some people create, make and wear! I figure if I don't know about it I can't feel the pressure to live up to the standard.


However, this time, I not only found the perfect project: Scripture Memory Cards but I was able to make them without any stress (which in May is amazing) and I loved how they turned out.  I think this could be a great gift for lots of situations and I plan on having a few on hand for those last minute gifts. The creator of the cards allows you download the page so all I needed to do was print it off, use the paper cutter to cut them out and then attach them to some fun tags and bind off with ribbon.  Perfect.

I loved our Bible Study Brunch and I'm already excited for our Fall Kickoff Party with a great new bible study planned.

No comments: