Top Ten Things I Love About Memorial Day Weekend at the Lake
1. Sunshine, Sand and Surf (at least that's what the kids call it when we go to Sand Mountain- body surfing)
2. Family Time without distractions. No phone, No Internet, No reality getting in the way. Just relaxation, giggles and fun.
3. Reconnecting. With our family, lake neighbors and summer. Friends and family wiffle ball games, paddle boat rides and ladder ball games. No rules just fun.
4. Boat Rides where no one is sleeping, no one cries and the breeze blows through your hair.
5. Giggles on boat rides. Watching the joy on the face of teenage boy who has mastered the art of driving the boat. Thank you boat safety training. Praying that Drivers' Education produce similar results in the automobile.
6. Wet Towels and bathing suits. Reminder that all are healthy and my children can enjoy the sunshine and swim to their hearts content.
7.Trips to the Marina.
8. Slip n Slides that a kind brother sets up for the youngest sister despite the windy conditions. The huge smile and big hug were thanks enough for the effort.
9. Late nights and early mornings. Time to decompress from the week, the winter and just enjoy the blessings.
10. Gratitude for the blessing of living in a country where people are willing to sacrifice their lives for our freedom. May God bless our nation and it's leaders.
Ronald Reagan said in a famous Memorial Day speech:
Today is the day we put aside to remember fallen heroes and to pray that no heroes will ever have to die for us again. It's a day of thanks for the valor of others, a day to remember the splendor of America and those of her children who rest in this cemetery and others. It's a day to be with the family and remember.