Sunday, June 3, 2012

Dance Recital


April showers bring May Flowers and May Flowers bring June Dance Recitals. At least that's how the saying goes in our house.

Miss M's spring dance recital was Friday, June 1st and for the first time, I missed the actual event.  I had plans to go out of town for a Sorority Reunion . With Miss M's blessing, I went to the Dress Rehearsal the night before and then sent her grandparents, siblings and father to cheer her on for the "real" thing.  Thankfully, I've seen most of Miss M's dances during the competition season and just last week they performed for a community center so I got to see the opener and closer too.

Miss M loved her costumes this year; the shimmer dress, the Baker costume complete with a "M" apron and ,of course, the neon outfit really rocked.  Her favorite costume part of all was the Hair Piece which was a long ponytail that she attached to her bun.  I don't think she was disappointed that she couldn't get the hair off after the "Hair" dance and had to wear it for the rest of the recital.  In fact, she might have plans to wear the "hair" to the first day of school in the fall.

Without a doubt, Miss M's favorite thing to do is to dance.  It's her act of worship, her way to express herself and dancing gives her great joy!  As a parent, I couldn't be more pleased to see her passion come alivet on stage.  We can't wait till the DVD of the recital is available for pickup.  I imagine Miss A Miss M, and I will have a little snuggle time on the couch watching it over and over again!

Now we get a few days off before Summer Try Outs and then Summer practice.  Dance, the sport that has no true season; it's a way of life.

No comments: