July is the month in which Mr C is gone more than he'll be home. He leaves this weekend for a week long trip to Colorado for church camp and then after his arrival he goes straight to camp at his high school. I hope to get some of his laundry done in the short time between engagements as it's less than 24 hours! He's going to have a blast white water rafting, rappelling, growing his faith, and seeing the mountains (His order, not mine). The second camp is all boys; swimming, outdoor games, lots of food and of course bonding with other incoming freshman. Maybe there is no need to wash those clothes from camp, he'll probably not change his clothes the whole week anyway.
We still have things to cross of our Summer Wish List so to keep myself accountable, I'm going to list a few here. A few will be a girls only event with C gone, but we hope to cram in a few of these as a whole family things too....
- Trip to Laura Ingalls hometown in SD
- Pedicure at a Salon (NO BOYS ALLOWED - OK, that was pretty obvious)
- Homemade Ice Cream and cookout with friends at the Lake
- Nighttime walk to catch fireflies
- Pool swimming with friends
- Sand Mountain with friends
- Picnic at the Park
- Miss A's Birthday Party
- Boys Campout at the Lake
- Dining al fresco on the deck
- Eagle Scout Playground Installation
- Miss A and Miss M play dates with friends
- Movie Night with Popcorn
- Water park
The fact that it was 103 degrees yesterday confirms my faith in summer. Here's to making the most of the summer days ahead.