Saturday, May 14, 2011

Amazing Race; Miss A Wins!


Miss A was on Cloud 9 on Sunday night after the finale of The Amazing Race. Never before had she gone into the final race with a team of her own to cheer for, but this was the exception season, unfinished business for not only the teams themselves, but for Miss A. She wanted her team to cross the finish line so bad.

Not because she'd chosen a fancy restaurant to go to in celebration. She wanted Mom's homemade Panko Chicken Nuggets and Red Mango for dessert. It wasn't about the food, it was the victory that she was after. All week we talked about how "amazing" it was that both Mom and Miss A had teams going into the final legs. We joked about Dad and Miss M going down in defeat.

Sadly, in the final elimination before the finale my own team was sent packing. (Meaning I'm still rating 0 on making it to the finals) Miss A and P were quick to offer their teams for me cheer to victory. Considering that a win for P meant a visit to a Soul Food Cafe, I jumped on Miss A's bandwagon. Guess you could say I fear Fried Chicken, Grits and Collard Greens. Call me sheltered! Either that or I just love to see an underdog win.

Miss A could hardly contain her joy as her team sailed through the finale and appeared destined to win it all. There was jumping and screaming and high fives all around. She was a good sport, but I know deep down she was thrilled that Dad and Miss M were struggling. As she said, Miss "M" has won this too many times to count and no one wants to eat dad's food." Guess you could say she was overtly excited to be the Amazing Race Winner.


On Monday morning when I woke her up for school, the first thing she asked me was if I'd "cheered for her team because I wanted her to win or if I was more afraid of going to Dad's restaurant." I assured her I was cheering for her. I was thrilled that she finally won the Amazing Race and couldn't wait to go to Red Mango and make Chicken Nuggets!


Now, we just to find a night a that we are all home in the evening and not heading to an event before 6:00 p.m. Have I said how much I love May?


Congrats Miss A on your victory!! Way to go. Hope next season you can cheer me on to my finale win too!!

No comments: