Tuesday, April 5, 2011

My spring "signature" crafting piece....



I've still got the crafting bug. Last week, I decided to turn the material I had originally purchased for the Family Room update and turn them into a springtime rag wreath for our front door.

Love it!

I'd been dreaming of buying a signature spring decoration for our front door and now I've made something that is perfect. I'm so glad I changed my mind on the fabric squares for the family room and went with totally different material. While I love the fabric I used for the wreath, it was all wrong for the family room, but just perfect for our white front door.

This project was also ideal for my limited crafting skills. All you really had to do was cut fabric and then tie it to a wreath frame. It was just like making those fun flip flops with fabric. I found the perfect wire wreath frame at Hobby Lobby, a four ring frame and ended up using three rings to get the fullness I wanted.

I'm excited to make one for the fall with Halloween and thanksgiving colors. Really, the possibilities are endless. Who knows, I could even make these for gifts. Well a girl can dream about crafting, can't she. If you'd like to see the full tutorial on how to make this visit Sassy Sanctuary at http://sassysanctuary.blogspot.com/2010/09/halloween-rag-wreath.html.

Now, I just need to finish my huge knitted blanket project before summer hits and its too hot to knit!

No comments: