Sunday, April 29, 2012

Witnessing the Blind Side in Your Own Family

I'm watching the movie The Blind Side right now as I sit in the comfort of my own home.  After a busy Saturday, this is the perfect way to wind down; my favorite husband in one chair, my favorite move on the TV, and my favorite jammies on me.  I'm sure I'll be crying by the end of the movie as it is just one of those movies that you can watch over and over and it still tugs at your heartstrings.

Now there is another great story that I get to watch more often, a little closer to home and one that, while it's not my story to tell, tugs at my heartstrings just as much; maybe even more because it's not all "movie perfect," it's real.  My brother and sister-in-law are living the Blind Side story.  Right now.  They have taken in a young man who needed a home and a family.  They are molding him to become the man God has planned.
 
It's amazing to watch this story play out and I know that God has big plans for our family and this young man.  I can't wait to see it unfold.  If in the mean time, you would pray for this young man as he nears his high school graduation that the plans for next fall would reveal itself and all the details will fall into place.  I know that those prayers would be greatly appreciated.

God doesn't call all of us to open our homes to "strangers," but He does call us to be the hands and feet of Jesus right where we are.  Lord help me to be open to hear your Voice and heed the call You are placing on my life.

Hebrews 13:2

New International Version (NIV)
2 Do not forget to show hospitality to strangers, for by so doing some people have shown hospitality to angels without knowing it.

No comments: