Sunday, April 8, 2012

Getting Ready for a Great Easter


I'm just gonna admit it right up front; every year I have to look up in a cookbook/Internet how to hard boil eggs when the Saturday before Easter rolls around.  I hate eggs.  In fact, except in baked goods like cookies and cakes, I try to avoid eggs at all times.  No deviled eggs around here.

However, I know that part of our Easter tradition includes dying hard boiled eggs and just because I'm not an egg fan doesn't mean the kids can't enjoy a little creativity.  The sisters got into all the glitter, the tie dye look, and even attempted a little rubber banding to block the colors.  Big Brother even got in to the action for a minute and made a dinosaur egg. 

I'm thinking the jello jigglers we made were more my speed.  At least I'm willing to eat something made of pure sugar!  What says "Jesus Christ is Risen Today!" more than a yellow jello bunny?

No comments: