Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Snow Day in Pictures

As we prepare for Day Two of the Blizzard of 09... here are some photos from our afternoon in the snow.

M and A on the new sled; making a path down our front yard. In their words the sled was "super fast and awesome."



C helped me shovel the snow, but wanted it all piled on one side of the driveway for fort making. Today the wind took care of making it's own "drifts."




Inside the snow fort, plenty of room for all. Look at those huge flakes.






M took an inside the fort picture so we could have a look at how perfectly formed and packed the snow was. I'm thinking C has a future in igloo building!


School is out again today, but with a windchill in the -20's I'm thinking this will be an "inside" day with movies and crafts to keep the natives entertained. Dad gets shoveling duty this morning, since I shoveled three times yesterday before 1:00 when he hubs called it a day and worked from home!


Guess we complained too much about the lack of snow earlier this fall/winter. I'm keeping my mouth shut from now until March about the weather and just taking what God gives us!

No comments: