Saturday, June 22, 2013

Half Alone is good enough


There are days that I feel like my main title should be "Logistics Expert" meaning I'm shuffling cars, children, and schedules to make sure that everyone gets where they need to be when they need to be.  June is what I would call the Peak Season for logistics; summer camps, VBS, golf tournaments and leagues, and of course the end of dance classes and softball games along with umpiring jobs.

On Friday after two weeks of every day camps for Miss M (VBS and KidsShine), I was trying to fit in a trip to the grocery store after dropping Miss M off at camp.  Miss A was awake as M and I left in the morning and I told her that her brother was upstairs sleeping and I'd be home in about an hour.  Miss A said to me "Oh so I'm staying home alone?"  I reminded her that she wasn't alone as Mr C was upstairs and she could wake him up if there was a problem.  "So I'm half alone then?" she said with a fist pump.

I told her that I'd have my cell phone so if she needed anything she could call me too.  With a big smile on her face she told me "not to worry I've got Dad's business card and I"ll call him first."

Love that independent girl.  I think she really wishes I'd leave her completely alone. Thankfully, half alone is good enough for now.

No comments: