Sunday, July 22, 2012

Loving Summer: No time to Blog


We are loving summer. Really. Maybe not this heat or the dry weather or the fact that it's slipping by so fast; but the fun and relaxation and the joy we've gotten out of being together and having fun. We've loved that.  At the end of each day, I think I really should blog, but then my brain is so full of mush and my heart is full that I just can't get it all down on paper.

It's been a great summer, but there have been changes too and they have been hard.

When I'm thinking deeply or feeling deeply, I don't talk as much or write as much. That's not true, I do talk to my husband and to God, but the rest I just ponder. Just call me Mary. Out of the overflow of my heart, I tend to circle the horses and demand time with my peeps, fun times with lots of laughs and memories.

Just ask my camera card how this summer has been.  It's filled with about 2000 photos from the last two months. No kidding. I think I took 800 pictures over the 4th of July alone.  Gotta captures these moments and pictures sometimes are the only way I know to hold onto them.  In some ways, it seems like just yesterday my kids were taking naps and I was fitting in trips to the pool around those naps and swim diapers. Now we fill each day to the brim and Mr C is still going at 11:00 p.m.  Often, we are not.

I love it.  We've spent so much time in the sand and lake water this summer that our toes will never loose the wrinkle. I've driven Mr C to the driving range and golf lessons so much that I don't even think to put groceries in the trunk anymore; it is filled with three bags of clubs. Miss M and Miss A have had so many sisters sleepovers I don't remember whose room is whose anymore. Well, the Barbies might give me a clue!  Miss M has been busy babysitting, dancing, twirling in the pool, and learning to cook.  Miss A had an early birthday party with her girlfriends and has spent hours each week with her Barbies and created entire cities in her room. 

I've read 22 books this summer. Call me crazy, but I love the escape of a good book and love to just dwell in other worlds for a little each day.  In my mind, I'm learning Pennsylvania Dutch.  Either that or I've read a lot of Amish Fiction lately.   A friend the other day mentioned a "book" that I won't name on this blog, but she said she didn't think my Amish sensibilities could handle the topic.  She was right! 

Summer is slipping away and I'm trying to grab it by the horns and slow it down.  There is still a lot on our Summer Bucket list to do this summer, but we need a few cooler days to get them done. Not even the animals want us to visit the Zoo when it's 105 degrees.  We've got plans to take the next few weeks a little slower so maybe I'll have a chance to "catch" my blog up.  Summer is for dreaming, right!

No comments: