Friday, December 10, 2010

Why it's essential to have a sense of humor

You know how you are never to ask God for more patience, because he will give you lots of opportunities to try your "gift" out? I guess the same thing goes with asking where all the free time goes.
.
Today, I've been at home nursing a sick child. The same child who has the busiest weekend of the month or should I say Had. Instead of having six girl scouts over after school today to work on a surprise Christmas present for their parents, I was hastily calling all of the moms this morning to tell them that the plans had been changed slightly.
.
Poor Miss M has a stomach bug. Up most of the night with various complaints, she said she was fine to go to school today. The fact that our new fangled thermometer read 95 degrees convinced me it was her sinuses. Or, the fact that I didn't remove the cover!!

Dad dropped the kids at school and said he'd only gotten a few blocks away when his phone rang; "Mr. B, we have M here in the nurses' office as she just threw up!" Gotta love that she waited to throw up at school rather than in the backseat of the car!

Tomorrow is practice for the Church Christmas Program on Sunday night that she has a dancing part in. It's also the dance studio Christmas Recital tomorrow. Bummer. While there is hope that it's just a 24 hour thing, I don't see leaping and twirling in her future in the next 48 hours.

Thankfully, we have a few Christmas Movies (love you Hallmark Channel) on the DVR. I've been to the store and have plenty of sprite and crackers and the weather outside is suppose to be frightful anyway. If no one else catches the crud and I get a chance to air out the home of all the Lysol I've been cleaning and spraying, I might even start making my Cinnamon Rolls.

Now, if only this day hadn't have been topped off with me deciding to wash my cell phone along with the clothes, I might be grateful for a quiet weekend in the midst of all the hustle of the season!

So, if you know me in real life, give me a call over the weekend on my cell. At least that will be one way to regain all those numbers lost on my Sim card. Wait until Sunday, though, I need to escape to the store to buy a new phone first!

Next week, I'm going to talk about nothing! That way God can't send me another little test.

No comments: