Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Tying Up Loose Ends

December really has gotten away from me. I saw a sign yesterday that announced 1.1.11 and couldn't believe it's only days from now that we will ring in a new year. Where has this old year gone?
.
I have a few loose ends from 2010 that I just want to write down so that someday I can look back and remember. Who knows maybe I'll even put the memories down with pictures in scrapbooks.

Amazing Race: What a thrilling end to Amazing Race this year. For the first time, I was actually in contention for the prize. Never before has a team I picked made it this far. Jill and Thomas of course could not pull it off for the grand prize, but it was fun to cheer them into the finale.

Miss M's team, the "Doctors," took home the grand prize which means we'll be heading out for Mexican Food in the new year. Homemade Tortillas and Salsa are calling our names. Miss A was cheering for this cute lady team as well since all her teams were knocked out early.

Poor Mr. C had no team in the finale, but of course like a good big brother he was cheering for either his mother or father's team to win (and cheering against his sister's team). P's team the QVC hosts gave it their all to be the first all female team to pull a win off, with cute clothes to boot, but it was to no avail.

What will we do until February when the next season of Amazing Race begins? Mr. C got the Wii game of Amazing Race for Christmas, so maybe that will keep our sadness at bay for awhile. Probably not though.

12 Days of Christmas : It was a blessing again this year to be a part of the 12 Days of Christmas surprises for some families in our area. My great Bible study group took on this project with gusto. Mr. C actually had the idea for our first family from the junior high. A boy he knows had lost his dad in a tragic accident and he thought maybe his family could use a little Christmas spirit. The second family was from our elementary school so Miss A was thrilled.

I'll never forget our deliveries on Christmas Eve this year. Mr. C wanted to go along to drop off the 12th Day basket, 12 Ice Cream Drumsticks (12 Drummers Drumming), and a small little gift all tucked into a drum shaped basket. C wanted to be a ninja. He ran up to the houses like lightening, not wanting to get caught. The only problem: the getaway driver. He said he was too slow. Poor Dad....

This Christmas tradition has become one of my favorites. I love thinking about the packages arriving each day on the front porch. I think about the faces of the children inside. The little piece of joy. It so reminds me of God. It encompasses all the joy of Christmas each day. The tiny gift in the manger. Love it.

No comments: