Tuesday, December 14, 2010

If we were waiting for the "other shoe" to drop.... It has!

It's been years since I've had as many sleep deprived nights as I have in the past few days. Poor Miss M, in addition to having the stomach bug over the weekend, has added an ear infection to her list of "hurts."

There is just something about having a face right next to your face crying at 4:00 a.m. waking you from a dead sleep. Poor M was ready to rip her ear off her head. Thankfully, she trusted our thought that it was too drastic a move for the situation. Sadly, my sleep never returned once she was back in dreamland with Advil on board.

God's provision, however, had encouraged me to make an appointment for Miss A's bad cough to be seen by the doctor at 10 in the morning. When I called and said I needed to switch "girls" and have M come instead, they offered "two for one." Not in price, just in time slots!

After weeks of having a hacking cough, I thought Miss A's cough had turned yesterday to "something more." Guess you could say I was right; Walking Pneumonia. Miss M got off easy with just a yucky infected ear!

Yep, we caught it early and before she'd even had a chance to develop much of a fever (she did later in the day just to prove a point) and I'm hoping this will be a quick recovery.

I see why some around these parts think I'm a doctor (OK it's only me and my husband), but now I'm predicting illness before they sprout!! OK, I know that it's just God's gentle nudging my spirit that got me to call "ahead" so I'm just praying that next time he'll tell me when I'm getting another 4 a.m. visitor so I can go to bed earlier and get in enough zzz's.

No comments: