Thursday, November 4, 2010

Thankful Thursday


Today is my first Thankful Thursday and I can't think of a better month to get started than November, the month of Thanksgiving.
.
I really have so much to be thankful for everyday. Thankful for the great country I live in, the freedom I enjoy, but take so much for granted. The Lord Almighty who alone is worthy of all my thanks. My wonderful family. A husband who gets me. Who makes me giggle and laugh especially on election nights! Three beautiful children who bring me such joy and make my life worthwhile even when I can't stand picking up their messes or cleaning up yet anther spill.
.
So much to be grateful for everyday, because really it is the "everyday" that really makes me realize my blessings.
.
Waking up this morning in a semi-warm home (sorry honey, I know you think the temperature is fine-I'm always freezing), making breakfast, sending three sleepy eyed children off to school, going to yoga and then coming home to clean the house for company this weekend, running errands and then going to see my middle child in her debut theatrical performance. Little things that have a big impact on me.
.
The small little things that add up to the tremendous. It really is the beauty of the little. The joy of the mundane.
.
Today, I'm thankful for those things I often overlook. Thankful for the joy of the moment. To help me remember these little moments this month, I'm keeping a Gratitude Journal for the rest of the month and I'm also putting a gratitude jar in our kitchen for the whole family to write down things for which we are thankful today, tomorrow, and all the days leading up to Thanksgiving.
.
Thank you God for all these blessings.

No comments: