Monday, July 19, 2010

Busy In the Kitchen

I think my middle name might have changed to "Betsy" as in "Betsy Crocker" over the past few days. I've been busy in the Kitchen cooking, canning, and filling up our cookie jar.
.
Yes, it's been very hot outside lately, but it's summer. Our garden along with the Farmers' Market was calling my name and the children were constantly asking for "treats" from the kitchen.
.
Here's a little list of what I've made in the past four days...
.
Homemade Salsa with Fresh Jalapenos from the garden and cilantro from our deck.



Refrigerator Pickles with Cucumbers from the Farmers' Market




Bread and Butter Pickles with more pickling cucs.
.
We've already given two jars away to our neighbors. I'm thinking that I'll be hitting the Farmer's Market again this weekend looking for more pickling Cucumbers.

Ham and Cheese Sandwiches for the Freezer using leftover buns from our Lake Party over the weekend. (I'll share this recipe later. Just think warm ham and cheese sandwiches that go from freezer to oven and then to your plate for a warm gooey lunch or dinner)




Miss M really helped me make these, she loves to be in the kitchen. These are perfect to giveaway to someone home from the hospital/sick/grieving or any reason. We received this for the first time 13 years ago from dear friends when we brought Mr. C home from the hospital.
.
Easy and Yummy!
.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars-Nestle Recipe
.
Homemade Pop Tarts - Half the batch with Nutella inside the other half with cinnamon and sugar.
.
I must admit the hardest part was all the "help" I got in the kitchen. I'm a recipe follower and not really a good teacher. Having little hands wanting to help stresses me out. That's why there are no pictures of the Pop Tarts as the helpful hands were a little too generous on some of the ingredients and they don't look very pretty. They taste great, but they look a mess.
.
Kinda like my kitchen right now. Wonderful smells are flowing out, but it looks a fright. Where is my sous chef! Oh Honey, there are dishes to do.

No comments: