Tuesday, September 22, 2009

On My Knitting Neddles: Basketweave Scarf

For this first day of Fall, I thought I'd show off my newest knitting project which I started a few weeks back. However, with the hustle and bustle of school starting and all that, I've only just got back into it again over these past few days.



It's a Basketweave Scarf from Knitting Daily. I get their email updates and while most of the projects and suggestions are over my head, this one caught my eye. I love that you have to knit and purl to make it so beautiful. The finished rows look so much more complicated then they are. Trust me it's easy!

This past weekend, when my in-laws were in town, I tried to relearn how to purl stitch in the Continental fashion. No such luck. I'm a confused knitter I guess. I learned knitting from my MIL in Continental fashion and the folks at my favorite knitting shop taught me to purl English Style. Sounds like something out of the War of the Roses, but makes sense if you knit
.
However, it works for me. I'm getting so much better at keeping the stitches in a consistent tension and I am not dropping so many. Who knows maybe by 2012, I might be able to do that Felt Purse Project I so much want to do.

Until then, I'm loving my basket weave pattern. The yarn is 100% merino wool and feels yummy, the color is deep and rich and "fallish" and the pattern is so adorable. Who you ask am I making this project for? I don't know. Maybe me!

No comments: