Wednesday, May 6, 2009

We Must Be City Folk

Driving to Preschool today, we were talking about all the fun A would have with her grandparents. She was giggly with excitement.

We started talking about how other grandparents would be there and how much fun it would be to meet them. She reminded me again that I was not invited.

G's grandparents will be there she said. G is her future husband.

His grandparents are farmers she said.

I know I replied, isn't that cool.

They grow bacon on their farm.

They grow bacon?

Yeah G's grandparents have bacon growing in their garden.

A, do you know that's not where you get bacon?

Well I know you buy it at the store, but his grandpa grows it in his garden.

We are city folks. Yep, no other explanation.

The visual picture of bacon growing in the garden has caused me to crack up more than once today. I think the person on the treadmill next to me at the gym this morning thought I was loosing it!

G's mom Jenn has volunteered to take my city children to her parents farm this summer to show them the reality of rural life and agriculture. I'm thinking that A might just become a vegetarian when she figures out where both bacon and chicken come from.

City Folk.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

That's so funny!

jodi said...

Even us Country Mice steer clear of giving Full Disclosure about where our Dinner Selections come from...GREAT Story, Jill!!