Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Keeping The Promise



I had promised Miss A that we would go to the Train Museum on a day off from school. I thought she would forget, not so much. On Friday, I kept my promise. Off we went to walk through a Union Pacific Train, "ride" the streetcar just like Grammy, and just enjoy the morning together. Miss A even got to eat her lunch at the Soda Fountain and enjoy an All American favorite, the hot dog!!
.
I loved that a Conductor was sitting in the first train. He was dressed in the uniform and more than willing to tell us all about the "Train Experience." He asked Miss A where she would like to go and without hesitation she said "Chicago." The Conductor gave her a ticket stamped with round trip fare to Chicago. She was thrilled.
.
Walking through the train like we have dozens of times before, it was as if she saw it with new eyes. She was picking out the cabin we should occupy on the way to Chicago. She wondered if we should get a "sleeper," but worried about falling off the top bunk. I told her that was what the brown "Cage" was for, but she wasn't too convinced. We giggled over the pop up toilet and the fact that when not in use it's a seat. How crazy is that!
.
My list of things to do that Friday Morning was long, I was heading off to "camp" with the girl scouts later that afternoon, but as we walked around the museum holding hands, giggling and just enjoying ourselves that list was non existent in my mind. You know what, I accomplished everything I needed to do with time to spare and have memories of our morning that are stored away in my heart forever.
.
Gotta love keeping promises and reaping the rewards!

No comments: