Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Ear Surgery Tomorrow

Miss A is having Ear Surgery tomorrow morning bright and early. We are scheduled to be at the Children's Hospital at 5:30 A.M. and surgery is at 7:00 AM.

Today, as I've thought ahead to what tomorrow brings, I feel peace. Peace that A tolerates surgery well, that she has the area's best doctor working on her ,and that the hospital we are going to is top notch.

I also know that this is all in God's hands. Friends and family are praying, we are praying and, as A said tonight, that's alot of people praying. Even the 6th -8th grade confirmation group that my husband leads is praying for her.

Hopefully, we can close the book on these minor surgeries and get her on the track to good health. I'm grateful that in the midst of all the H1N1 around we've been spared thus far and A can proceed with this surgery.

This afternoon, we had lunch with some friends and as we were leaving A said, "just think if I'd had lunch with Bridget tomorrow I wouldn't be there." For a moment my heart jumped. What does she mean? Does she know something I don't?

She finished with this typical A phrase, "Yeah, tomorrow I'll be busy eating nuggets and fries at my favorite hospital. Guess we could invite them to join us though."

Gotta love that girl.

2 comments:

jodi said...

hope all goes well for A!

Anonymous said...

It was so nice to spend time yesterday with you and Annette. She is absolutely precious, and Bridget spent the remainder of the afternoon wondering where 'Nett' was and if she could go to her house now. We are praying for Annette and your family. Take care. Call if we can help in anyway. Love, Kath