Thursday, July 4, 2013

4th of July: New Traditions with Old Friends,


I love being an American.  Freedom. I'm proud of my country and the people who gave so much to make it possible for me to enjoy that freedom.   I get misty eyed at the Pledge of Allegiance.  Don't even get me started when we sing all the verses of God Bless America; a little emotional doesn't describe it.  In many ways, celebrating the 4th of July is one of my favorite holidays.

This year was a little bit different, but it was good.  Great really.  Relaxing and Refreshing.  It was exactly what a summer day should be.  After a lazy morning at home decorating a Flag Cake with strawberries and blueberries, we spent the afternoon at the Pool where they had bounce houses and games for the kids.  We enjoyed a beautiful evening on the deck with good friends eating awesome food, watching our children run around lighting off fireworks, laughing, and enjoying life.  Could there be anything better?

In my day to day life, I often get too busy to stop and be grateful or to ponder all the blessings I have.  On a day like this when I get to sit and watch my children soak up summer, I realize just how abundantly blessed I am.  Sitting outside watching the sky light up with fireworks and glimmer like gold and silver, I am amazed at the beauty all around me.

God Bless America.

No comments: