Monday, July 27, 2009

These Kids Are Funny

My MIL is always recommending that I write down the funny things my kids say before I forget them. Guess she must know that my mind just isn't what it use to be.

Over the years, I have been documenting the our kids' funny ways of the kids in our family scrapbooks, but, considering I'm more than a year behind in the books, I'm thinking that I might not remember the little "things" by the time I get the photos on the pages.

For the past year, I've been trying to write down the funny things soon after they happen right here on this blog in hopes that someday I could cut and paste these Cyber words into my Close to my Heart Scrapbooks. That is the plan at least....

Straight from the backseat, kitchen table, and pool deck, I bring the latest installment of "These Kids Are Funny."

We were at a remote control airplane field watching a demonstration a few weeks back and A had enough. She asked if she could sit in the car. It was cool and the car was in plain sight so I said yes.

M decided about 15 minutes later to go join her sister in the car. A said; "No Get Out, This is My Alone Time".

Along that same theme, the other day, she asked when the big kids were going back to school. I told her the middle of August. She then asked about herself and when Preschool would start up. I told her September. She pumped her fist in the air and said " Yes I'll get some alone time from these kids".

Then, just today, after we'd finished dropping her brother, sister and dad at a Golf Course to watch a tournament, she got a glimmer in her eye and said "Are you thinking what I'm thinking?"

"It's time for some Burger King Lunch." How can you resist that phrase. A loves to go out to lunch with just me and sit there and talk. Her first question is usually "So, what's new?" I told her maybe it's moments like this that make me want to keep her home with me forever!

C and M were and are as hilarious as their sister, but often their comments are more personal in nature or involve long detailed background stories. They just aren't as quick with the one liners.

However, this was not always the case.

When C was 3 he had just finished a morning at preschool and we were on our way to a play date. I had been called that morning at home by the Preschool director that there had been a little incident at school. Seems a boy had pushed C and he had pushed back. This was a first for our mild manner boy. C had to spend sometime in the time out corner. He was not use to missing out on the fun.

As we drove to the friends house that day, I asked about the "incident." His sad little face wrinkled up and he told a little about the Mean Boy who always pushes. When I pressed a little harder, he looked at me and said, "Stop talking about it, you are ruining my day."

M was very quiet as a young girl, with an older big brother and some eyesight issues, she really did not talk until she was 2 when C went to kindergarten. At about that time, she started to call herself by a unique name and would only respond to that name. It was M....dot-com-dot-org.

Yup, her whole name with dot.com.org at the end. Like she was website. She always referred to herself in the 3rd person with this name. It would confuse some people, but we said that she was just a girl ahead of her time !!

Guess you could say this silliness runs in the family.

No comments: