Friday, November 13, 2009

I Told You We Were City People

FYI this is not the goat from the Zoo. I didn't get a good picture of it. But the message is the same; just a more attractive setting for Mr. Goat.

Miss A and I went to the Zoo on Thursday with some friends. It was a crisp Fall morning and perfect for a walk around our fabulous Zoo. We had a great time and felt like we almost had the place to ourselves.
.
Gotta love Zoo Passes! You can go for a few hours and not feel guilty about not seeing the whole zoo. We focused on what the kids really wanted to see. We got to see a really cute baby Gorilla wearing diapers and rocking with a grandma wearing gorilla fur. I even allowed A to go to the Petting Zoo.

I hate petting zoos. The smell is too much for me. Considering the fact that we are currently avoiding areas like the Children's Museum and Indoor Play zones for fear of catching H1N1, it's amazing I'd let her be exposed to hand, foot, and hoof disease and all those lovely animal bearing illnesses. So cheers to me or maybe I'm just easily influenced by friends and their adorable little boys who wanted to pet the goats.

I will say however that it was in that little petting zoo that I realized once again that we are city folks.

Miss A was a little shy touching the goats unlike her friend who was letting the goats kiss his cheek. It was too cute.

She would wander up to a goat and smile and walk away until she saw three little goats sitting in a feeding trough (don't think I'm not wanting to share a nursery rhyme right now involving a troll) filled with hay. The little goats were in the hay staying warm and just hanging out. Miss A walked up to one and said in all sincerity, "Look this one has a price tag".

Yep, that's right! She thought the goat's tag was price tag. I'm not sure if this is a signal that she shops too much or that we are raising children who need to get themselves to a farm right away.

My friend and I were cracking up! A price tag! Poor Miss A was somewhat embarrassed and began to cry a little. Not my proudest mom moment. I just couldn't help it. It was just too funny. When I told my husband about it later, he laughed just as hard which regrettably started some tears again.

I redeemed our petting zoo moment however when we saw the Zebu in the pen nearby. A real live Zebu with a hump and all. You see we could have used that Zebu last week when it was letter Z week at school and we could come up with zilch for show and tell. What a great picture I could have gotten of Miss A and real live Zebu. Maybe in kindergarten!!

City Folks. Yep that's us!

No comments: