Sunday, October 31, 2010

Kindergarten Party Time: Why I Love Being A Room Mother

Miss A has the cutest group of kids in her kindergarten classroom. They are so fun to be around and I love to see how great they all get along. The girls in the class are always hugging each other, helping each other, and of course giggling. A's teacher really has a great group.
.
I love being the Room Mother/Party Coordinator especially with this age of kids. They love everything you plan and think the party is the "best ever" with very little effort or fanfare. I'll admit, however, that I am not a real fan of Halloween. It might seem odd then that I'm in charge of the Halloween party, but in reality its all part of my plan. What I really don't like is the "spooky side" of this "holiday" and, as such, I plan a party that is really just a glorified fall harvest party with costumes. I wrote a post last year where I went into details about why I do this if you want to read more in detail.
.
For Miss A's first elementary school party, there was Musical Pumpkins, Sack Races, a Class Photo and Photo Frame Craft, Sucker Ghosts and the M & M Walk. I even learned to download music from itunes to a CD filled with the Monster Mash, Ghostbusters and the theme song to the Adams Family. Nothing involving goblins, witches, or scary faced monsters.
.
The biggest joy of the afternoon was watching Miss A just beam in her Pinkalious Costume while she jumped with joy cheering her friends on in the sack races, held hands with her best friends during the parade, and just loved the cookies and juice.
.
A perfect way to kick off a fun weekend.

No comments: