Thursday, November 22, 2012

When Thanksgiving Gives You Sunshine


Who knew that a Chicago Thanksgiving allowed you the chance to take a brisk walk in the sunshine?  While we'd been experiencing a mild fall thus far back at home, I never would have thought that on Thanksgiving I'd be taking a  brisk walk outside after I made up some Cheesy Spinach and Green Bean Casserole for later.  I didn't think I'd see the "Boys" off in the distance at the Tennis Courts playing three sets wearing shorts!  I won't tell who won the set, but I know my husband was especially pleased with his tennis skills!

Realizing that this fantastic weather was a blessing in itself, I ran off to get the girls and bring them back to the Lake for some fun. Grabbing a few pieces of bread, the girls and I were hoping to find their favorite birds; Henry and Henrietta.  Miss M and Miss A love the "stories" their grandparents have spun about the bird's adventures. Sadly, our friend Henry must have taken his own family on a trip for the Holiday, but we didn't let that rob us of the joy of watching the geese and ducks go crazy over the tiny pieces of wheat bread the girls threw over the railing.

I'm beginning to agree with Miss M and Miss M that this is one of the most beautiful places on earth! 

Later that afternoon, we traveled over the river (Fox River) and the through the woods (Toll Roads) to our Thanksgiving Feast in Wheaton.  A fabulous mixture of fellowship, yummy foods, and rousing rounds of board games made the perfect setting for day of Thanks.  The girls got busy decorating some birdhouses that would later be given away at a Children's Charity Christmas event. Perfect to keep them busy and allow them to flex their crafting genius.


We have so much to be grateful for this Thanksgiving and getting to spend this weekend with family made it all the more special.  God has so richly blessed our kids two great sets of grandparents and Aunts and Uncles and Cousins.  It's a blessing we realize is precious.

No comments: