Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Election Day 2012: Praying for Our Country

I love America.  I love the political process.  During election years, I can become a real "news junkie" spending hours reading, watching news programs, and tuning into talk radio shows.  Having spent years working in the political arena, it is in my blood. I love Election Day.

Never before have I felt that America's future is at stake as much as it today. Decisions made today at the polls will have a profound effect on the direction that our country is headed. As a Christian, I have a hard time separating my moral world view from our political view.  While the mainstream media might want my Evangelical Views to have no impact on my voting decisions, I'll be honest and say I can't separate the two. It is how I am.

That's why I'm grateful to be an American on day like today.  I can vote today. I can pray today and ultimately, I can trust that today God has it all in His Capable Hands.  I might not like the outcome of certain races today.  I probably won't vote for all the winners but I can Trust.

I love the following ad that Rev. Billy Graham had in newspapers across the country this past week. My husband brought me home a copy two weeks ago from the Wall Street Journal and I was thrilled when over the weekend my local paper had a full page ad as well.  Rev Graham says much more eloquently exactly what I'd say.


Finally, if you ever needed proof that our teetering on the edge of a moral collapse I love this video from Paul Harvey.  When Mr C and I watched this last week we were in awe.  




God Bless America. 



No comments: